Union Public Service Commission will release the UPSC IFS recruitment notification on February 12, 2020. UPSC will start the application process from the date on which the notification of Indian Forest Service (IFS) will issue. Candidates who are wishing to apply for Indian Forest Service posts will able apply online from the official website of the UPSC i.e www.upsc.gov.in till March 03, 2020. Candidates have six attempts to appear in the IFS examination. Candidates can find here all the related information of UPSC Indian Forest Service like application form, admit card, selection process, syllabus etc. from this article.
UPSC IFS 2020
- Candidate must be an Indian Citizen or a subject of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee.
- Candidate must complete 21 years of age.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree from the any recognized University of India.
UPSC IFS Schedule
|Application Start Date||12 Feb 2020|
|Last date to apply||03 Mar 2020|
|Pre-Exam Admit Card||to be announced|
|Pre-Exam||31 May 2020|
|Pre Result||to be announced|
|Main Exam||22 Nov 2020|
|Main Result||to be announced|
UPSC Indian Forest Services Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who want to appear in the UPSC Indian Forest Services 2020 have to fulfil eligibility criteria that are decided by the commission. There are three main eligibility criteria that are given below:
UPSC IFS Nationality
Candidates must be:
- A citizen of India. Or
- A subject of Nepal. Or
- A subject of Bhutan. Or
- A Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India. Or
- An Indian origin person who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
UPSC IFS Age Limit
- Candidate must have completed 21 years of age and not exceed than 32 years of age on the 1st August of the examination year.
- There is an upper age limit relaxation prescribed by the government.
|Candidates of J&K||5 Years|
UPSC IFS Educational Qualification
- The candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree in animal husbandry and veterinary science, botany, chemistry, geology, mathematics, physics, statistics and zoology with one of these subjects. Or
- Candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering from the any recognized university of India.
UPSC Indian Forest Services Application Form 2020
Candidates who wish to apply for IFS 2020 could fill their form till March 18, 2020, on the official website of UPSC upsc.gov.in. Before filling the application form candidates have to check eligibility criteria, If you are fulfilling all the eligibility criteria, you can proceed for your application form.
- Unreserved and OBC candidates will have to pay ₹100 as application fee.
- All-female candidates, SC/ST candidates are exempted from the application fee.
- Candidates can be remitting the money in any Branch of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI.
How to apply for UPSC Civil Service Exam 2020?
Candidates who wish to apply for Civil Services exam can follow the given steps to fill the application form.
- Firstly candidate will have to visit the website of UPSC i.e. upsconline.nic.in.
- Click on the link Civil Service Exam application form given on the main page of the website.
- Now, click on the registration link.
- Fill the personal information like Name, Gender, Nationality, category and other personal details then click on the submit button.
- Now you are redirected to the payment page.
- Pay the application fee.
- Next step is to upload the documents.
- Upload your pic and qualification certificates etc.
- Click on “I Agree” and submit the application form.
- Save the application form for future reference.
UPSC IFS Admit card 2020
Union Public Service Commission released the admit card of UPSC IFC Prelim exam before one month of the examination on April 30, 2020. The UPSC IFS admit card was available on the official website of the commission. The commission will release the admit card before one week for the main examination. Candidates have to download the admit card through login into the website.
ID proof carry with the admit card
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID
- PAN Card
- Driving Licence
- Other photo id proof issued by the government.
|Aizawl||Gautam Buddh Nagar||Kozhikode (Calicut)||Shillong|
UPSC IFS Selection Process and Exam Pattern 2020
There are two successive stages for Indian Forest Services 2020. Candidates have to pass both stages for the selection in IFS.
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
The preliminary exam consists of two papers. Both papers are having the objective type or multiple-choice questions which consist of a total of 400 marks. The preliminary examination is only for the screening purpose. There are ⅓ marks of negative marking for each wrong answer. In paper II, you have to achieve a minimum of 33% to clear the exam. The question paper is in Hindi and English both language.
|Paper-I||General studies||200 marks|
|Paper-II||CSAT – Civil Services Aptitude test||200 marks|
Those candidates who qualify their prelim exam will be able for the IFS main exam. It is a theoretical exam. Candidates will have to clear 7 papers in Main Exam. for the main exam, you will get max 1400 marks.
|Paper-III||Optional Subject 1||200|
|Paper-IV||Optional Subject 1||200|
|Paper-V||Optional Subject 2||200|
|Paper-VI||Optional Subject 2||200|
- Agricultural Engineering
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Provided that the candidates will not be allowed to offer the following combination of subjects:
- Agriculture and Agricultural Engg.
- Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Chemistry and Chemical Engg.
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Of the Engineering subjects viz. Agricultural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering—not more than one subject.
Interview for the personality test
Those candidates, who have been qualified in the main examination, will be called for interview/personality test i.e. organized by the Union Service Commission. There will be 300 marks in interview/personality test.
UPSC IFS Syllabus 2020
For Preliminary Exam
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance- Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development- Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
For Main Examination
- General English
- General Knowledge
- Candidates will be required to write an essay in English.
- Other questions will be designed to test their understanding of English and workmanlike use of words.
- Passages will usually be set for summary or precise.
- Current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject.
- Indian Polity including the political system and the Constitution of India
- History of India and Geography of nature
UPSC IFS Result 2020
Union Public Service Commission will release the IFS result in three phases. The commission will release prelim, main exam and interview result. Candidates can check their result on the official website of the commission.
UPSC IFS Previous year Cut Off
IFS 2018 Cut off
IFS 2017 Cut off
IFS 2016 Cut off
Indian Forest Services: Official notification
Now you are aware of all the information about the UPSC IFS exam in detail. To know more information you can check the Official website of UPSC, read to find the information Of syllabus, pattern, cut-off, eligibility criteria and much more.