Civil Services Examination is the toughest competitive examination in India. It is a nationwide exam conducted by UPSC. Union Public Service Commission conducts this exam every year for recruitment to various Civil Services in Indian Government like IAS(Indian Administrative Service), IFS(Indian Foreign Service), IPS (Indian Police Service), Indian Defence Accounts Service, Indian Revenue Service, Indian Railway Traffic Service, etc. Candidates who are having any degree from any university can apply for the UPSC Civil Services Exam. to more information about UPSC CSE 2019 read this article carefully.
UPSC Civil Services 2020
- Candidate must be an Indian Citizen or a subject of Nepal/Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree from the any recognized University of India.
- Candidate must complete 21 years of age.
- Candidate has 6 chances to pass Civil Services Examination.
UPSC Civil Service Schedule
|Application Start Date||12 Feb 2020|
|Last date to apply||03 Mar 2020|
|Pre-Exam Admit Card||to be announced|
|Pre-Exam||31 May 2020|
|Pre Result||to be announced|
|Main Exam||18 Sep 2020|
|Main Result||to be announced|
UPSC Civil Services Pay Scale
Civil Services is one of the highest paying jobs in India with a good reputation. Here you can see the pay of Civil Servants.
|Indian Administrative Service||Salary Scale ₹56100 to ₹2,50,000|
|Indian Police Service||Salary Scale ₹39000 to ₹2,12,650|
|Indian Foreign Service||Salary Scale ₹12750 to ₹90,000|
|Indian Forest Service||Salary Scale ₹15600 to ₹67000|
|Indian Post & Telecommunication Accounts and Finance Service||Salary Scale Upto ₹67000|
|Indian Audit and Accounts Service||Salary Scale Upto ₹42000|
|Indian Revenue Service||Salary Scale Upto ₹80000|
|Indian Defence Accounts Service||Salary Scale Upto ₹87000|
|Indian Railway Traffic Service||Salary Scale Upto ₹1.2 lakhs|
|Indian Railway Accounts Service||Salary Scale Upto ₹56500|
|Indian Railway Personnel Service||Salary Scale Upto ₹56500|
|Indian Trade Service||Salary Scale Upto ₹ 50000|
Note: Salary Scale given here is the purpose of generalised comparison only.
UPSC Civil Services Examination Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to apply for Union Public Service Commission Civil Service Examination must have to fulfil given eligibility.
Civil Service Exam 2019 Nationality
- For Indian Administrative Service(IAS), Indian Foreign Service(IFS) and Indian Police Service(IPS), Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- For the other post. Candidate must be:
- A citizen of India. Or
- A subject of Nepal. Or
- A subject of Bhutan. Or
- A Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India. Or
- An Indian origin person who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Civil Service Exam 2019 Age limit
- Candidate must have completed 21 years of age and not exceed than 32 years of age on the 1st August of the examination year.
- There is an upper age limit relaxation prescribed by the government.
- Up to five years of upper age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
- Up to three years of upper age relaxation for OBC candidates.
- Up to five years of upper age relaxation for Ex-Serviceman.
- Up to Ten years of upper age relaxation for PWD candidates.
Civil Service Exam 2019 Educational Qualification
- Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree from any recognized university of India or a foreign university recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
Civil Service Application Form 2019
Candidates who fulfil all the eligibility criteria can apply for the Civil Service Exam otherwise your application will be rejected. Civil Service Application form will be available on the official website of UPSC i.e. upsconline.nic.in.
- Unreserved and OBC candidates will have to pay ₹100 as application fee.
- All-female candidates, SC/ST candidates are exempted from the application fee.
- Candidates can be remitting the money in any Branch of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI.
How to apply for UPSC Civil Service Exam 2019?
Candidates who wish to apply for Civil Services exam can follow the given steps to fill the application form.
- Firstly candidate will have to visit the website of UPSC i.e. upsconline.nic.in.
- Click on the link Civil Service Exam application form given on the main page of the website.
- Now, click on the registration link.
- Fill the personal information like Name, Gender, Nationality, category and other personal details then click on the submit button.
- Now you are redirected to the payment page.
- Pay the application fee.
- Next step is to upload the documents.
- Upload your pic and qualification certificates etc.
- Click on “I Agree” and submit the application form.
- Save the application form for future reference.
Civil Service exam Selection Process 2019
Civil Service Exam will consist of two written exams and Interview. Candidates will have to clear all the process to select as a Civil Servant.
Civil Service Preliminary Exam
The prelim exam will consist of two papers and both are objective type/MCQ (Multiple Choice Question). Both papers consist of 200 marks. It means you can score 400 marks in Preliminary exam. The paper will be in Hindi and English both language. The General Studies Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper. In this paper, you have to achieve a minimum of 33% to clear the exam.
Civil Service Main Exam
Those candidates who qualify their prelim exam will be able for the civil service main exam. It is a theoretical exam. Candidates will have to clear 9 papers in Main Exam. for the main exam, you will get max 2025 marks.
|Paper A||Indian Language||300|
|Paper-II||General Studies I|
Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society
|Paper-III||General Studies II|
Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations
|Paper-IV||General Studies III|
Technology, Economic Development, Biodiversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management
|Paper-V||General Studies IV|
Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude
|Paper-VI||Optional Subject – Paper 1||250|
|Paper-VII||Optional Subject – Paper 2||250|
Civil Service 2019 Syllabus
Syllabus of Civil Service Pre-Exam
Civil Service Preliminary Exam consists of two papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2. You can check syllabus here,
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Biodiversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
Syllabus of Civil Service Main-Exam
- General Studies-I: Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society
- General Studies- II: Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations.
- General Studies-III: Technology, Economic Development, Biodiversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management
- General Studies- IV: Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude
Paper-VI & VII
Optional Subject Papers I & II
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Science
- Political Science and International Relations
- Public Administration
Click Here for detailed Syllabus.
Previous Year’s Civil Services Cut off
Civil Services: Official notification
Now you are aware of all the information about the UPSC CSE exam in detail. To know more information you can check the Official website of UPSC, read to find the information Of syllabus, pattern, cut-off, eligibility criteria and much more.