Every year Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts examination for the recruitment of Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Quantitative Surveying & Contracts) in various Ministerial Department of Government. Once the candidate will qualify the exam, he/she will be hired under Group ‘B’ (Non-Gazetted) post. This year, the Commission has released about 1600 vacancies. Candidate can check that official notification will be released on August 13, 2019. Apply Online will be released on the official website on August 13, 2019. Apply Online revised date notice has been released on the official website of the organisation. Candidates must read all the instruction before filling the application form. Candidates must fill the online application form before the last date to avoid the rush.
SSC JE Recruitment 2019
Staff Selection Commission conducts exams throughout the year for SSC MTS, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC Stenographer, SSC Hindi Translator, etc. If you want to apply for SSC Junior Engineer, you have to read the full article for brief information about SSC JE’s important dates, eligibility, syllabus, application form, admit card, result etc. You can see all the dates when the SSC JE exam takes place. SSC Junior Engineer Exam date for each Tire along with some other important dates, the list is here, have a look carefully.
SSC JE Schedule 2019
|An official notice released on||13 August 2019|
|Online Application Starts date||13 August 2019|
|Last date to fill the form||To be announced|
|Paper I Exam Date||To be announced|
|Paper-I Admit Card||To be announced|
|Paper-II Exam Date||To be announced|
|Paper-II Admit Card||To be notified later|
SSC JE Vacancy Details 2019
- Post name: Junior Engineer
- Organization Name where candidates will be posted:
- Central Water Commission
- Central Public Works Department (CPWD)
- Department of Posts
- Military Engineering Services (MES)
- Farakka Barrage (Project)
- Border Road Organisation
- Central Water and Power Research Station
- Directorate of Quality Assurance (Naval)
- National Teacher Research Organisation (NTRO)
- The candidate will get Level 6 (Rs 35400-112400) of the pay matrix of the 7th pay commission. You can see the brief details of salary here.
SSC JE Pay scale 2019
|Post Name||Grade Pay||In hand Salary||Gross Salary|
29455 – 33907
32667 to 37119
|Quantitative Surveying & Contracts|
SSC JE Eligibility Criteria 2019
There are three important criteria you must need to fulfil these criteria to apply for the SSC JE. Here are the eligibility criteria below:
- Candidate must be a citizen of India, a subject of Nepal / Bhutan.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Age limit as on 1st August 2019
Age limit for the posts of Junior Engineers in various Ministries/ Departments as on 01-
08-2019 is as under:
Up to 32 years
|JE (Civil)||Up to 27 years|
|JE (Civil)||Up to 30 years|
|JE (Electrical andMechanical)||Up to 30 years|
|JE (QuantitySurveying and Contracts)||Up to 27 years|
|JE (Civil)||Up to 30 years|
SSC JE Age relaxation(As on 1st August 2019)
The age relaxation for SSC CGL is according to Government standards.
- SC/ST- 5 Years
- OBC-3 years
- PWD-10 Years
SSC JE Qualification for Education
|Post||Educational and Other Qualification|
|JE (Civil), Central Water Commission||Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering OR Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University or Institution|
|JE (Mechanical) in Central Water Commission|
|JE (Civil), CPWD||Diploma in Civil Engineering OR Electrical Engineering from a recognized University or Institute|
|JE (Electrical), CPWD|
|JE (Civil), Department of Posts||Three years Diploma or equivalent in Civil Engineering from an institution recognized by the Central Government or State Government.|
|JE (Civil), MES|
Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University
Three years Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized Institute or University or Board; and Two years experience in Planning, Execution, and Maintenance of Civil Engineering works
|JE (Electrical & Mechanical), MES||Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university or Three years diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a recognized Institute or University or Board; and two years experience in Planning, Execution, and Maintenance of Electrical or Mechanical Engineering works.|
|JE (Quantity Surveying & Contracts), MES|
Three years Diploma in Civil engineering from a recognized Institute/ University/ Board orEquivalent;
Passed Intermediate examination in Buildings and Quantity Surveying Sub-Division-II of theInstitute of Surveyors (India)
|JE (Civil), Farakka Barrage Project|
Diploma in Civil Engineering/Electrical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University or Institute or Board
|JE(Electrical), Farakka Barrage Project|
|JE(Mechanical), Farakka Barrage Project|
|JE (Civil), Border Roads Organization|
Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University/ InstituteorThree years Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized University/ Institute/ Board; and Two years of working experience in Planning/ Execution/ Maintenance of Civil Engineering works.
|JE (Civil), Central Water Power Research Station|
Diploma in Civil Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering from a recognized University
|JE (Mechanical), Central Water Power Research Station|
|JE (Electrical), Central Water Power Research Station|
|JE (Mechanical), Directorate of Quality Assurance, Naval|
Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering from a recognized University or
Three years Diploma in related branch from a recognized University or Institution and Two years of experience in the respective fields.
|JE (Mechanical), Directorate of Quality Assurance, Naval|
|JE (Civil), National Technical Research Organization|
Diploma in Civil Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering from recognized University/ Institution
|JE (Mechanical), National Technical Research Organization|
|JE (Electrical), National Technical Research Organization|
SSC JE Application Form 2019
Apply Online will be released on the official website of Staff selection commission (SSC). Apply online will be released on August 13, 2019. Candidates can fill the application form on the same day. Apply online URL link will be published here. Before filling, application form candidates must read all the instruction carefully. The last date to apply for SSC JE will be announced later. To avoid the last-minute rush, candidates are advised to apply well in advance.
How to apply for SSC JE Recruitment 2019?
- Click on the official website of SSC.
- Candidates must do new registration by clicking on ‘New Registration’.
- then candidates must log in with the same email id and password which is used during the new registration.
- Before filling, application form candidates must read all the instruction carefully and candidates must scan all the documents which are required to upload during the filling application form.
- Candidate fills all basic details which are required to fill the application form.
- Candidates nor upload all documents with basic measurement which is required.
- The last step to fill the application form is payment mode candidates must pay the application fee through online mode.
- Before submitting the application form candidates must take a print out of completed application form which can be used further.
SSC JE Admit Card 2019
Admit card will be released by the organisation on the official website candidates must download the admit card from the officil website and take a clear print out of the admit card. Before going to examination centre candidates must read all the instruction given inside the admit card. Admit card date will not be announced by the organisation until no. The candidates will get information related to the release of admit card on this article.
SSC JE Exam Pattern and Selection Process 2019
The exam will consist of two papers. Paper I is a computer-based exam and Paper II is a descriptive type. The details of the paper are given below:
- Question type: Objective Type
- Mode of Examination: Computer Based Examination
|Subject||No of Ques.||Max Marks||Duration & Timing|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50|
|Part-A General Engineering (Civil & Structural)|
Part-B General Engineering (Electrical)
Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)
- Exam Type: Descriptive Type
- Mode of Examination: Pen and Paper Mode
|Part-AGeneral Engineering (Civil & Structural)Or|
Part- B General Engineering (Electrical)Or
General Engineering (Mechanical)
For general engineering, in Paper-I and Paper-II, the candidate will have to try only that part, which is given in the application form filled by the candidate. For the post of Junior Engineer (Civil), Junior Engineer (Quantity Survey & Contract) should try Part A (Civil and Structural) of Paper-I and Paper-II and the candidates who applied for Junior Engineer (Electrical), they should attempt Part B (Electrical) and those candidates who applied for Junior Engineer (Mechanical), should attempt Part C (Mechanical) of Paper I and Paper II. There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper I.
SSC JE Syllabus 2019
The standard of questions in engineering disciplines will be approximately the level of diploma in engineering (civil/electrical/mechanical). All questions will be determined in SI units. Details of the syllabus are given below:
1. General Intelligence & Reasoning:
The General Intelligence course will include both verbal and non-verbal questions. The test includes questions on analogies, similarities, differences, space visualization, problem-solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetic reasoning, oral and morphological classification, arithmetic number series, etc.
2. General Awareness:
Questions will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him/ her and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, and Scientific Research, etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
3. General Engineering: Civil & Structural, Electrical, and Mechanical:
Part-A (Civil Engineering):
Building Materials, Estimating, Costing and Valuation, Surveying, Soil Mechanics, Hydraulics, Irrigation Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Environmental Engineering.
Structural Engineering: Theory of Structures, Concrete Technology, RCC Design, Steel Design
Part-B (Electrical Engineering):
Basic concepts, Circuit law, Magnetic Circuit, AC Fundamentals, Measurement and Measuring Instruments, Electrical Machines, Fractional Kilowatt Motors, and single-phase induction Motors, Synchronous Machines, Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Estimation and Costing, Utilization and Electrical Energy, Basic Electronics.
Part-C (Mechanical Engineering):
Theory of Machines and Machine Design, Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials, Properties of Pure Substances, 1st Law of Thermodynamics, 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, Air standard Cycles for IC Engines, IC Engine Performance, IC Engines Combustion, IC Engine Cooling & Lubrication, Rankine cycle of System, Boilers, Classification, Specification, Fitting & Accessories, Air Compressors & their cycles, Refrigeration cycles, Principle of Refrigeration Plant, Nozzles & Steam Turbines.
Properties & Classification of Fluids, Fluid Statics, Measurement of Fluid Pressure, Fluid kinematics, Dynamics of Ideal fluids, Measurement of Flow rate, basic principles, Hydraulic Turbines, Centrifugal Pumps, Classification of steel.
Part-A (Civil & Structural Engineering):
- Building Materials
- Estimating, Costing and Valuation
- Soil Mechanics
- Irrigation Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Theory of structures
- Concrete Technology
- RCC Design
- Steel Design
Part-B (Electrical Engineering):
- Basic concepts
- Circuit law
- Magnetic Circuit
- AC Fundamentals
- Measurement and measuring instruments
- Electrical Machines
- Fractional Kilowatt Motors and Single Phase Induction Motors
- Synchronous Machines
- Generation, Transmission, and Distribution
- Estimation and costing
- Utilization of Electrical Energy
- Basic Electronics
Part- C (Mechanical Engineering):
- Theory of Machines and Machine Design
- Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials
- Thermal Engineering
- Properties of Pure Substances
- 1st Law of Thermodynamics
- 2nd Law of Thermodynamics
- Air standard Cycles for IC engines
- Rankine cycle of steam
- Boilers; Classification; Specification; Fittings & Accessories
- Fluid Mechanics & Machinery
- Properties & Classification of Fluid
- Fluid Statics
- Measurement of Fluid Pressure
- Fluid Kinematics
- Dynamics of ideal fluids
- Measurement of Flow rate Basic Principles
- Hydraulic Turbines
- Centrifugal Pumps
- Production Engineering
- Classification of Steels
Click Here to know more about SSC JE Syllabus.
How to apply for SSC Junior Engineer
Only one mode is available to apply for SSC JE that is Online mode. To apply the SSC JE exam follow these instructions:
- Go to the SSC official website ssc.nic.in to register.
- Pay application fee online through the net banking /cash card/Walles, debit card/credit card, etc.
- Use a valid email id to be active to the day of declaration of the result.
- You need to apply a scanned photograph & signature.
- Now you are ready to apply & submit your form.
- Take the print out of your online form for future reference.
- After following these steps, you will be able to submit your online form for SSC Junior Engineer exam successfully.
Previous Year SSC JE Cut off
SSC JE Civil Engineering Tier I+II Cut off
SSC JE Electrical/Mechanical Engineering Tier I+II Cut off
SSC JE Result 2019
The result will be declared on the official website. Candidates can check result in the official website of the organisation. The result will be declared in the pdf form. Frist candidates can download the result of paper – I when it will be released. Candidates can clear Frist cutoff those candidates are eligible for Paper-II. Result date not announced by the organisation candidates can check result date from this article.
Official notice:- To read official notification candidates can Click Here.
To read official Notice for the revised date candidates Click Here.
SSC Junior Engineer: Official notification
Now you are aware of all the information about the SSC JE exam in detail. To know more information you can check the Official website of SSC JE, read to find the information Of syllabus, pattern, cut-off, eligibility criteria and much more.