The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts an open examination for the recruitment to the post of General Duty (GD) Constable in Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Secretariat Security Force (SSF), Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), National Investigation Agency (NIA) and Rifleman (General Duty) in Assam Rifles. The apply online process for SSC GD Constable 2019 will be started from July 2019. Selected Candidates will be appointed anywhere in India.
SSC GD Constable Exam 2019
SSC will release a notification for 50000+ vacancies this year so ready to grab this opportunity. For more information about SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2019 please read this article carefully.
- Candidate must have citizenship of India.
- Candidates must pass Class 10 as a minimum education qualification.
SSC GD Constable Exam schedule 2019
|Apply online||August 2019|
|Last date to apply online||September 2019|
|Admit card||January 2020|
|SSC GD Exam||February 2020|
|Result Declaration||June 2020|
|SSC GD Physical Date||August – September|
SSC GD Constable exam Vacancy Details 2019
Total Number of vacancies: 50k+
The candidates who will be selected for SSC GD Constable will get 21000-69100 Rs as a pay scale and 2000 Rs grade pay. Here you can check last year’s department wise vacancy details. Once the SSC will release its latest notification, we will update it.
SSC GD Constable Exam Eligibility Criteria 2020
There are three criteria decided by the SSC. If you fulfil these criteria, you can apply for SSC GD Constable.
Candidate must be a citizen of India. Vacancies are state-wise hence a candidate must submit domicile against his/her state.
Age Limit as on 01/08/2019
- Candidate should be born between 02/08/1996 to 01/08/2001.
- Candidates who belong to reserved category will get the age relaxation according to the government policies.
|Ex-Servicemen||3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the date of reckoning|
|Children and dependents of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (Unreserved)||5 years|
|Children and dependents of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (OBC)||8 years|
|Children and dependents of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (SC/ ST)||10 years|
|Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st Jan 1980 to 31st Dec 1989.||5 years|
- The candidate should have passed 10th class from the the any recognized board/university of India.
SSC GD Constable Exam Online Apply 2019
Eligible candidates can apply for the SSC GD Constable post once the application process will start. The application form of SSC GD Constable 2019 will release in July 2019 tentatively. To fill the application form, the candidate has to pay RS 100/- as an application fee. You have two options to pay the application fee i.e online mode and offline mode.
How to apply for SSC GD Constable 2019?
Here we are giving you step by step guide to fill the SSC GD Application form.
- The candidate must first go to the official website of the SSC i.e ssc.nic.in.
- You can see Apply Icon on the home page of the official website, click on it.
- The page will be redirected to apply section.
- Here you can see a tab of “Constable-GD”, click on it.
- Now, you can see the apply online link here.
- Firstly, you have to make a one-time registration on this site after that, you have to pay the application fee.
- Once your registration username and password generated, you have to log in on the site with username and password.
- Now complete the application process.
- For Unreserved candidates and OBC application fees is – Rs100/-
- For SC / ST / PWD candidates application fees is – Rs0/-
SSC GD Constable Exam Admit Card 2019
Admit card will be released on the official website. Those Candidates can download admit card who complete their application process till filling the application fees. Candidate download there admit card and take a print out in a clear format. Candidate must read all the instruction which are given inside the admit card.
SSC GD Constable Exam Pattern and Selection Process 2019
For the selection in SSC GD Constable, The candidate will have to participate in Computer Based Examination, PET/PST and Medical Examination. Here is the exam pattern of SSC GD Constable:
Question Type: MCQ/Objective Type
Number of Questions: 100
Total Marks: 100
Total Time: 90 Minutes
The exam will be conducted in Hindi and English only.
|Parts||Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks|
|Part-A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25|
|Part-B||General Knowledge and General Awareness||25||25|
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
Based on the performance in the Computer Based Test, Candidates will be selected for the Physical Efficiency Test / Physical Standard Test. here are the important details of PET/PST.
|Events||Male Candidate||Female Candidate|
|Race||5 km in 24 minutes||1.6 km in 8 ½ minutes|
|For candidates of Ladakh Region|
|Race||1 Mile in 6 ½ minutes||800 meters in 4 minutes|
Physical Standard Test (PST)
Physical standards laid down for the post of Constable/Rifleman are:
|Height||170 cm||157 cm|
|Chest||80 cm/ 5 cm||-NA-|
|Category||Height (in CM)||Chest (in cm)|
|ST candidate||162.5||150||76 / 5|
|ST from North-Eastern State||160||147.5||77 / 5|
|Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Dogras, Marathas and other||165||155||78 / 5|
|North Eastern States of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura||162.5||152.5||77 / 5|
|Gorkha||157||152.5||77 / 5|
- For male and female candidates: Proportionate to height and age as per medical standards
Medical Test Examination
Conditions While Checking Eye Sight:
|Visual Acuity Unaided||Uncorrected Visual Acuity||Refraction||Colour Vision|
|Near Vision||Distant Vision|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
|N6||N9||6/6||6/9||Visual correction of any kind is not permitted even by glasses.||CP-III by ISHIHARA|
SSC GD Constable Exam Syllabus 2019
Computer Based Test
The syllabus for the SSC GD Constable examination is given below:
General Intelligence & Reasoning:
- Similarities and differences
- Spatial visualization
- Spatial orientation
- Visual memory
- Relationship concepts
- Arithmetical reasoning and figural classification
- Arithmetic number series
- Non- verbal series
- Coding and decoding
General Knowledge and General Awareness:
- Economic Scene
- General Polity
- Indian Constitution
- Scientific Research
- Number Systems
- Computation of Whole Numbers
- Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers
- Fundamental arithmetical operations
- Ratio and Proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Time and Distance
- Ratio and Time
- Time and Work
- Spot the Error
- Fill in the Blanks
- Spellings/Detecting Mis-spelt words
- Idioms & Phrases
- One Word Substitution
- Improvement of Sentences
- Active/Passive Voice of Verbs
- Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration
- Shuffling of Sentence parts
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage
- Cloze Passage
- Comprehension Passage
- वर्तनी की सामान्य अशुद्धियाँ तथा शब्दों के शब्द रूप
- शब्दों के स्त्रीलिंग
- बहुवचन, किसी वाक्य को अन्य लिंग में परिवर्तन
- मुहावरा व उनका अर्थ
- अशुद्ध वाक्यों के शुद्ध रूप
- विलोमार्थी शब्द
- समानार्थी व पर्यायवाची शब्द
- अनेक शब्दों के लिए एक शब्द
- कहावतें व लोकोक्तियां के अर्थ
- संधि विच्छेद
- क्रिया से भाववाचक संज्ञा बनाना
- रचना एवं रचयिता
SSC GD Constable: Official notification
Now you are aware of all information of SSC GD Constable exam in detail. To know more information you can check the Official website of SSC GD Constable, read to find the information Of syllabus, pattern, cut-off, eligibility criteria and much more.