Every Year Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Conduct the SSC CHSL Exam. The Examination for recruitment to the post of Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC), Junior Secretariate Assistant, Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant, and Data Entry Operators for various Government’s Department. Those candidates who have qualified for the exam, he/she hired Under Group ‘C’ posts. The Pay Band is approximately the same for all post of SSC CHSL but grade pay might be different. Candidates who will be selected for SSC CHSL will get pay band of Rs. 5200-20200 and Grade Pay Rs. 1900 or Rs. 2400. Your salary will also depend on the level you are in the government department. When candidates will first join SSC, there will probably be that for a beginner. The monthly salaries of those with the following grade pays can initially be as follows.
SSC CHSL Exam 2020
- Candidate must have citizenship of India.
- Candidates age limit lies between 18 – 27 Years.
- Candidate must have passed 12th Class from a recognized school / Board of India.
|Post Name||Pay Band||Gross Salary|
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts many exams every year. Some of the most sought -after SSC recruitment is SSC CGL recruitment, SSC CHSL recruitment, SSC MTS exam, SSC Junior Engineer exam, SSC Stenographer Exam, SSC Translator and many other.
If you want to apply for SSC CHSL, read the full article for more details about SSC CHSL, like important dates, eligibility, syllabus, etc.
SSC CHSL Exam Schedule 2020
Here you can see the tentative schedule of SSC CHSL. Please note down all the dates related to SSC CHSL.
|Online Application start||March 2020|
|Last Date of Online application||April 2020|
|Tier I Admit Card||June 2020|
|Tier I SSC CHSL Exam||July 2019|
|Tier-II Admit Card||September 2020|
|Tier II SSC CHSL Exam||September 2020|
एसएससी सीएचएसएल की जानकारी हिंदी में यहाँ से प्राप्त करें।
SSC CHSL Exam Eligibility Criteria 2020
There are three important criteria you must need to fulfil these criteria to apply for the SSC CHSL. Here are the eligibility criteria are given below:
- Candidate must be a citizen of India, Nepal, Bhutan.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
Age Limit (As on 01/08/2019)
In order to fill the online form of SSC CHSL, the candidate should be between 18 and 27 years of age. For the exemption in reserved category candidates age limit, see the below table.
|PwD (Unreserved)||10 years|
|PwD (OBC)||13 years|
|PwD (ST/SC)||15 years|
For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG):
- Candidate must have passed the 12th examination or equivalent from any recognized University/Board of India.
For Data Entry Operator (DEO) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG):
- Candidate must have passed 12th in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from any recognized University/Board of India.
SSC CHSL Exam Apply Online 2020
Candidates can fill the online application form from an official website of staff selection commission i.e. ssc.nic.in.Candidate can go to the official website and register first and then start filling the online application form. The online application form will be released in the month of March 2020. Before filling, online application form candidates must read all the instruction carefully and scan all the documents which are required to fill SSC CHSL online application form. Candidates can fill the online application form before the last date to apply because to avoid rush while filling the application form and after the last date apply online URL link will be disabled. Candidates can check how to fill the online application form? Which is given below in details.
How to apply for SSC CHSL Exam?
Only one mode is available to apply for SSC CHSL that is Online mode. To apply the SSC CHSL exam follow these instructions:
- Candidates go to the official website of SSC CHSL i.e. ssc.nic.in to register.
- Pay application fee online through the net banking /cash card/Walles, debit card/credit card, etc.
- Use a valid email id to be active to the day of declaration of the result.
- You need to apply a scanned photograph & signature.
- Now you are ready to apply & submit your form.
- Take the print out of your online form for future reference.
- After following these steps, you will be able to submit your online form for SSC CGL exam successfully.
- Application fee for Unreserved category and OBC- 100/-
- There is no application fee for SC / ST / PWD.
SSC CHSL Exam Admit Card 2020
Admit card will be through online mode candidates can download admit card from the official website of the Staff selection commission. Admit card will be available for both Tier exam i.e. Tier – I and Tier – II exam. Those candidates can download Admit Card for Tier – I who completed application form till the application fees i.e the last step of filling the application form. Candidates can qualify Tier – I exam those candidates are eligible for Tier – II exam and got the admit card for Tier-II exam.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern and Selection Process 2020
The SSC CHSL exam will consist of three stages i.e. Computer Based Examination (Tier I), Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) and Skill Test/Typing Test (Tier III).
Tier I (Computer Based Examination)
Tier I exam will consist of objective type questions. The question will be set both in Hindi and English for parts II, III, and IV. There will be negative marking 0.5 mark form each wrong answer.
|Part||Subject||No. of Ques / Max. Mark||Time Duration|
(Basic Arithmetic Skill)
Tier II (Descriptive Paper)
Tier II will be a descriptive paper. The candidate will get 100 marks in this descriptive paper. The exam will be in paper and pen mode. The duration of the paper would be for one hour. Candidates will have to write an essay of 200-250 words and a letter/application of approx 150-200 words. The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33%. Tier II performance will be included for the final merit list.
Tier III (Skill Test/Typing Test)
Candidates who have qualified for the Tier III examination must complete a skill test/typing test on the computer provided by SSC. Data entry speed should be 8000 key depression per hour on the computer. The duration of the typing test will be 15 minutes. For the post of Data Entry Operator in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C& AG): The ‘speed of 15000 key depressions per hour on Computer. For the post of LDC/JSA, PA/SA: Candidates opting for English medium should have a typing speed of 35 words per minute (w.p.m.) and those opting for Hindi medium should have a typing speed of 30 words per minute (w.p.m.). 35 w.p.m. and 30 w.p.m. correspond to about 10500 key depressions per hour and about 9000 key depressions per hour respectively.
SSC CHSL Detailed Syllabus 2020
Tier I Exam
- Spot the Error
- Fill in the Blanks
- Synonyms/ Homonyms
- Spellings/ Detecting misspelt words
- Idioms & Phrases
- One word substitution
- Improvement of Sentences
- Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs
- Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration
- Shuffling of Sentence parts
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage
- Cloze Passage
- Comprehension Passage
- Semantic Analogy
- Symbolic operations
- Symbolic/ Number Analogy
- Figural Analogy
- Space Orientation
- Semantic Classification
- Venn Diagrams
- Symbolic/ Number Classification
- Drawing inferences
- Figural Classification
- Punched hole/ pattern-folding & unfolding
- Semantic Series
- Figural Pattern-folding and completion
- Number Series
- Embedded figures
- Figural Series
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Emotional Intelligence
- Word Building
- Social Intelligence
- Coding and decoding
- Number Systems
- Computation of Whole Number
- Decimal and Fractions
- Relationship between numbers.
- Fundamental arithmetical operations:
- Ratio and Proportion
- Square roots
- Interest (Simple and Compound)
- Profit and Loss
- Partnership Business
- Mixture and Allegation
- Time and distance
- Time and work
- Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations
- Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts
- Triangle and its various kinds of centres
- Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle
- common tangents to two or more circles
- Regular Polygons
- Right Prism
- Right Circular Cone
- Right Circular Cylinder
- Rectangular Parallelepiped
- Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base
- Trigonometric ratios
- Complementary angles
- Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin2 𝜃 + Cos2 𝜃=1 etc
- Statistical Charts:
- Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram,
- Frequency polygon
General Awareness: Questions are designed to test the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy, and scientific research.
SSC CHSL: Official notification
Now you are aware of all the information about the SSC CHSL exam in detail. To know more information you can check the Official website of SSC CHSL, read to find the information Of syllabus, pattern, cut-off, eligibility criteria and much more.