Reserve Bank of India (RBI) conducts recruitment examination for RBI Grade B. Reserve Bank of India will release the notification for Grade B recruitment in July 2019. Candidates who are interested in Grade B recruitment will be able to apply soon. RBI Grade B Application Form 2019 will be available on the official website of RBI i.e www.rbi.org.in. Last year RBI has examined 166 vacancies. For more information on RBI Grade B recruitment 2019, such as important dates, applications, eligibility criteria etc. please read this article in full.
RBI Grade B 2019
- Candidate should be an Indian citizen or a subject of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee.
- Candidate must have completed 21 years of age.
- Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline or equivalent.
RBI Grade B Schedule
|Application Start date||21 September 2019|
|Last date to apply||11 October 2019|
|Admit Card Issue date||to be announced|
|Officers in Gr B (DR) General Phase I||09 November 2019|
|Officers in Gr B (DR) DEPR* Paper II||01 December 2019|
|Officers in Gr B (DR) DSIM@ Paper II||09 November 2019|
|Officers in Gr B (DR) General Phase II||01 December 2019|
|Result||Will be announced|
RBI Grade B Vacancy Details
Last year in 2019, RBI has released 199 vacancies for Grade B post. After releasing the latest notification, we will update the vacancies here.
Name of Post
- Officers in Grade ‘B’(DR)- General – 156 Post
- Officers in Grade ‘B’(DR)- DEPR (Department of Economics and Policy Research) – 20 Posts
- Officers in Grade ‘B’(DR)- DSIM (Department of Statistics and Information Management) – 23 Posts
RBI Grade B Eligibility Criteria
Reserve Bank of India has decided some eligibility criteria for Grade B recruitment. Candidates can check their eligibility here:
RBI Grade B Nationality
Candidate must be:
- A citizen of India. Or
- A subject of Nepal. Or
- A subject of Bhutan. Or
- A Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962, to permanently settle in India. Or
- An Indian origin person who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam intending to permanently settle in India.
RBI Grade B Age Limit
- The candidate should have completed the age of 21 years, but not exceed than 30 years of age.
- Candidate should be born between July 02, 1989 to July 01, 1998.
- Upper Category Candidate will get relaxation in upper age limit.
|PwD Gen/EWS||10 years|
|Persons Ordinarily domiciled of the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01 Jan 1980 to 31 Dec 1989||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
RBI Grade B Educational Qualification
Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – (General)
- Candidates must have an undergraduate degree with minimum 60% marks (50% in case of SC / ST / PWD) as well as 12th (or diploma or equivalent) and equivalent grade in the 10th-grade exam.
Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – DEPR
- Candidates must have a master’s degree in Economics / Econometrics / Quantitative Economics / Mathematical Economics / Integrated Economics Course/ Finance, with a minimum of 55% marks or its equivalent grade.
- SC, ST and PWD candidates having a second class with a minimum of 50% marks in their master degree.
Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – DSIM
- Candidates must have a master’s degree in Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Mathematical Economics/ Econometrics/ Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Kharagpur/ Applied Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Bombay with a minimum of 55% marks or its equivalent grade. OR
- Must have a master’s degree in Mathematics with a minimum of 55% marks and a one-year postgraduate diploma in Statistics or related subjects.
- M.Stat. Degree of Indian Statistical Institute with a minimum of 55% marks.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA) jointly offered by ISI Kolkata, IIT Kharagpur and IIM Calcutta with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade.
Number of Attempts
- Candidates who are belongings from unreserved category i.e General Category has only six chances to apply for RBI Grade B.
- There is no such condition for the candidates who belong to the reserved category.
RBI Grade B Application Form 2019
Reserve Bank of India conducts annual examination for Grade B recruitment. Applications for RBI Grade B recruitment can be issued on 21 September 2019. Candidates can fill their applications with RBI’s official website. Candidates will have to register themselves through their email ID and mobile number.
|General & OBC||₹ 850/-|
How to apply for RBI Grade B 2019?
- Candidates will have to go to the official website first, i.e. www.rbi.org.in.
- Scroll down the page, here you can see “Opportunities@RBI” link. Click on it.
- Now in the open page, you will see the link “Click here for DIRECT RECRUITMENT FOR THE POSTS IN COMMON SENIORITY GROUP (CSG) STREAMS”, click on that link.
- Now you have to fill in your name, email id, phone number and other information. After completing the registration process, candidates will get a registration number.
- Now, candidates have to upload their photo, signature, left thumb mark and handwritten manifesto.
- Then you have to click on “Save and Next”.
- Now you have to pay the application fee.
- After making the payment, you have to click on the final submission.
- Save the application form for reference purpose.
RBI Grade B Admit card 2019
Admit card for RBI Grade B Officer Recruitment 2019 will be available before the exam. Reserve Bank of India will issue the Grade B Admit card 2019 on the official website of RBI. Candidates are advised to take a photo ID along with the admit card at the examination centre.
Photo ID you have to carry
- PAN Card
- Permanent Driving Licence
- Voter’s Card
- Bank Passbook with a photograph
- Photo identity proof issued by a Gazetted Officer
- Identity Card issued by a recognised college/ university
- Aadhar Card/E-Aadhar card
- Employee ID
Online Examination Centres for Phase I (Gr B (DR)-General) / Paper I (DEPR/DSIM)
|State /UT||Centre||State /UT||Centre|
|Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair||Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior , Indore, Jabalpur, Sagar, Ujjain|
|Andhra Pradesh||Guntur, Kakinada, Tirupati, Chirala, Kurnool, Nellore, Vijaywada, Rajahmundry, Vizianagaram Vishakhapatnam||Maharashtra||Imphal|
|Assam||Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Silchar, Tezpur||Meghalaya||Shillong|
|Bihar||Arrah, Bhagalpur, Darbhanga, Muzaffarpur,
|Chhattisgarh||Raipur, Bhilai, Bilaspur (CG)||New Delhi||Delhi-NCR, Delhi, Ghaziabad, Noida& Greater Noida, Faridabad, Meerut, Gurugram|
|Daman & Diu||Rajkot||Orissa||Balasore, Berhampur (Ganjam), Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Rourkela, Sambalpur|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Anand, Mehsana, Gandhi Nagar,
Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara
|Punjab||Amritsar, Bhatinda, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Patiala|
|Haryana||Ambala, Hissar, Kurukshetra, Karnal||Rajasthan||Ajmer, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Udaipur|
|Himachal Pradesh||Hamirpur, Solan, Shimla||Sikkim||Gangtok-Bardang City|
|Jammu||Tamilnadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Erode, Madurai,
Virudhunagar, Dindigul Salem, Namakkal,
|Jharkhand||Bokaro, Dhanbad, Hazaribaug, Jamshedpur,
|Karnataka||Bengaluru, Gulbarga, Hubli, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Udipi||Tripura||Agartala|
|Kerala||Kannur, Kochi, Alappuzha, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Thrichur, Palakkad, Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam,||Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Allahabad, Aligarh, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Moradabad, Muzzafarnagar, Varanasi|
|Lakshadweep||Kavarrati||Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Haldwani, Roorkee City|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Berhampore (WB), Kolkata, Greater Kolkata, Hooghly, Kalyani, Siliguri|
Centres for Phase II Gr B- (DR) (General) / Paper-II &III (DEPR/DSIM)
|Name of the Centres|
|Ahmedabad – Gandhi Nagar||Jammu|
|Kolkata||Mumbai- Navi Mumbai|
|Chennai||New Delhi- NCR|
RBI Grade B Selection Process and Exam Pattern 2019
Phase I (Online Exam)
- Total duration – 2 hours
- Maximum score – 200
- Types of Questions – Multiple Choice
Phase-II online Examination
|Name of Paper||Type of Paper||Time (Minutes)||Marks|
|Paper-I: Economic and Social Issues||Objective Type||90||100|
|Paper-II: English (Writing Skills)||Descriptive, to be typed with the help of the keyboard||90||100|
|Paper-III: Finance and Management||Objective type||90||100|
RBI Grade B Result 2019
Reserve Bank of India will declare the result of RBI Grade B Result after the examination. The Result will be declared held in two phases. Candidates who will be qualified in the phase-I exam will be selected for the phase II examination. After the examination RBI will conduct the interview process for Grade B selection. After that RBI declare the final list for the selected candidates.
Official Schedule notice- Candidates can view official schedule notice by doing Click Here.
RBI Grade B: Official notification
Now you are aware of all the information about the RBI Grade B exam in detail. To know more information you can check the Official website of RBI, read to find the information of syllabus, pattern, cut-off, eligibility criteria and much more.