JNV Admission 2020- Navodya Vidyalaya is a system of schools for talented students from rural areas to get the best education. It is an autonomous organization under the Department of School Education and the literacy department. These are fully residential and state of art co-educational schools from 6th to 12th standard. It is an experiment to tap the talent of rural children and provide quality education to the backward sections of society. These schools exist in almost every state except Tamilnadu. These are 661 schools all over India and the residential cost is free of cost.
JNV Admission 2020
Students can take admission to JNV School i.e Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas. Students can appear for CLasses 6th, 9th, and 11th. Before applying for JNV Admission applicants must know the eligibility Criteria of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas. If the student is eligible the only go for filling the online application form of JNV 2020. In this article, we are going to discuss all Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas 2020 so read it carefully.
JNV Admission Schedule 2020
Students can check here all details related to JNV Admission for All classes such as Class VI, Class IX, and Class XI. All details are taken from the Official website. Those students who are planning to take admission to JNV School then they must need to know about the Complete schedule of there classes. Students can look below the JNV Admission schedule given below.
JNV Admission Schedule for class VI (6th)
|Last date for submission of Application|
|Issuance of Admit Card||Phase 1: 01 Dec 2019|
Phase 2: 11 Mar 2020
|Date of Selection Test for class VI||Phase 1 – 11 Jan 2020 at 11.30 A.M. |
Phase 2 –
|Result||Phase 1: |
JNV Admission Schedule for class IX (9th)
|Availability of Application form||25 Oct 2019|
|Last date of submission of application form||10 Dec 2019|
|Dispatch of Admit card||08 Feb 2020|
|Date of Examination||08 Feb 2020|
JNV Admission Schedule for class XI (11th)
|Application Form release date||13 Aug 2020|
|Application Form submission last date|
State-wise Distribution of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas
|Andhra Pradesh||13+02**||Himachal Pradesh||12||Punjab||22+01**|
|Chattisgarh||27+01**||Madhya Pradesh||51+02**+ 01*||Uttar Pradesh||75+01**|
|Daman & Diu||02||Manipur||09+02**||West Bengal||19+01**|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||01||Meghalaya||11+01**||Total||638+22**+1*= 661|
The application process of Navodya Vidalya’s Selection Test
- The application process for the class 6th selection test for Navodya Vidyalaya is processed through the center of the Ministry of IT, Government of India which is a common center.
- This form can only be filled online at a cost of Rs 35. The next step after this test is a document round that needs to be verified by the university as a part of its application process.
- The students need to provide address proof, age as on their certificates, and academic qualification in the verification round following the application process of Navodya Vidalaya ‘s admission test.
- There will be service centers common to schools which they need to visit with their parents to complete the application process, after the selection test.
- The format will be uploaded online on their official Website and can be seen from the Student corner.
- The following documents are required in the verification round in the second part of the application process:
Eligibility Criteria of class 6th Admission Process
The following criteria must be fulfilled for the admission process for class 6th:
- The districts where Navodya Vidalyas are located can only be considered for admission
- The SC and ST students must have their dates of birth between May 1 2007 to 2001
- Students must be enrolled in a Navodya Vidyalaya school in class 5th or any other government recognized school or who is pursuing a certificate course at the National Institute of Open Schooling within the same district.
- Students should clear the 5th class exam within the stipulated academic session.
- The rural quota students should have studied in a government-aided school in a rural area.
- The application can only commence once.
Eligibility Criteria of Class 9th Admission Process
- The students should be in class 8th in the stipulated session of any government recognized school in a district.
- Students can apply for class 9th selection will start from 3rd October 2020 and will on till Dec 2020.
- The exam for class 9th selection is in February 2020.
- The students need to pass the class 8th exam in the stipulated session.
- These rules are applicable to all students of SC and ST category.
How to Download Admit card for Exam ( 6th class)
- The Navodya Vidyalaya has released the admit cards for the selection test and can be downloaded from the official Website.
- The first phase of this exam was conducted last year.
- Now for Phase 2, the admit card has been released on its official Website and can be downloaded from the admission notification section and, then click on VI 2020 -21
- You will be directed to a new page.
- Enter the registration number and password.
- Download the admit card for the exam
- Take a print out.
Composition of class 6th Exam
- The exam will be of 3 hours and will consist of the following sections: mental ability, arithmetic test, and language test.
How to check the Results of Navodya Vidyalaya ?
- The results will be released in the form of a waiting list after the final list will be released after the verification round.
- To check the result, enter the official Website
- Click the homepage and click on the class to check the result.
- Enter roll number in the space.
- The result will get displayed.
What are the Documents required in the verification round to take admission in Navodya Vidyalaya?
- Residence certificate in the applicable format
- Proof of age according to the certificate
- Eligibility proof according to conditions laid down by Navodya Vidyalaya
- One needs to provide proof of a child’s education in a rural educational institution
- Other documents specified by the Navodya Vidyalaya in the application process
For JNVST Class VI Admission
This is an offline test. The total duration of the test is 2 hours. There will be 3 sections asked in the total question paper. The total number of questions to be asked by the organization is 80 Questions. The total marks exam is 100 marks. There will be a single question paper asked in which all 3 booklets will be there. time relaxation will be provided to the Divyang Students / differently-abled students.
|Type of Test||No. of Question||Marks||Duration|
|Mental ability Test||40||50||60 Minutes|
|Arithmetic Test||20||25||30 Minutes|
|Language Test||20||25||30 Minutes|
For Class IX Admission
There will be a total of 4 subjects asked by the organization. These subjects are English, Hindi, Maths, Science. The question in the question paper will be asked according to marks weightage. The total time duration fo the exam is 2.5 hours or 2 hours 30 minutes. The exam will be held through offline mode only.
For Class XI Admission
Students will get admission in class IX on the basis of class X marks scerued by the students. Posibility of getting seats divide on the category. Students can look the table below.
|Subject Combination||Eligibility for Lateral Entry Candidates|
|Science with Mathematics|
|Science & Mathematics||62.50%||60%|
|Average of all Subjects||62.50%||60%|
|Science without Mathematics|
|Science & Mathematics||57%||52%|
|Average of all subjects||57%||53%|
|Commerce with Mathematics|
|Average of All subjects||50%||50%|
|Commerce without Mathematics|
|Average of all Subjects||50%||50%|
After the verification round, A second list is displayed for the final list of candidates getting admission to Navodya Vidalya’.
Official Website – nvsadmissionclasseleven.in